Friday, September 26, 2008

In The Morning With My Own Eyes

Many times I have moments when a conversation, a song, a landscape, something will capture my thoughts, and being a very visual person, my eyes close and a story or picture comes alive in my mind. The following is a result of such a moment. It is a looking forward to a future moment, a gathering, a meeting...it is my imagining of what is yet to come. ~Joy

Great crowds surrounded me. Turning a slow circle on the small rise of earth where I stood, as far as I could see, there were nations of people from cultures and places I knew well and some I knew little of. There was constant movement, shouting, laughing, and whistles. The sounds, in an ebb and flow of volume, were growing louder as the minutes passed. The cold air, the bright yellow of morning sun, without its wispy covers, all lent to the happy tensions of the crowd.

As I watched I couldn’t help but feel a sense of pride and satisfaction in this beautiful gathering of family, my family. I could not stop smiling, intermittently laughing, taking great breaths and letting out long sighs. I’m blessed! Blessed! What a glorious feeling to belong, to be apart. Nothing could separate us. I was adopted as a young girl. I was five years old and remember the day, the moment when I became apart, the smile, warmth and love of my Father. It’s true, I was adopted, but from that moment I’ve never been, but true daughter, with full rights and privileges, heir to my Father. It’s funny, even before I was adopted, I knew the draw of my Father’s love, His presence. He was there before, loving me, a gentleman allowing me to also choose Him.

My thoughts trailed over the years following, as I met more and more of my family and shared life, whatever it brought, with them. So many I dearly loved. There were most definitely moments of pain, heartache, hardship and sorrow, but my Father was ever present, walking with us, encouraging, leading, supporting, carrying, providing, and inspiring. There were great moments of joy, moments when new family was added, moments when gifts were given, resources were shared, healing and restoration were experienced, and great moments of just being together with each other and with our Father.

My reverie suddenly stopped as the dynamics of the gathering began to shift. My eyes focused quickly on a distant spot to my left, the crowds there erupted in unison, a thundering rhythm of musical words. With everyone around me, on tip toes, we all strained to see and hear, not quite able to make out the words. As we watched, the clarity of our sight never diminishing, a brilliance grew from the same place, leaving the stunning morning light dim in comparison.

I felt the change even before it arrived, a welling up within me, my body responding a breath ahead of my understanding. I could almost see what I sensed, a great sound wave of harmony racing towards us. The brilliance of the air about us intensified, stars becoming visible above, the air quivering and dancing. Then it arrived. As it enveloped the area where we stood, we all responded, our bodies and voices joining the great music of joy and celebration.

I knew He was here. My Father! Everyone, everything around me dimmed, except He and I. It was just the two of us grinning. We both began to laugh as I ran towards Him. Father, King of Glory, Creator of all that is, my Creator, Savior, the One for Whom I was made. I love you.

Copyright Joy Chastagner 2008

No comments: